So much fun!

I love this age. It seems as though Eamonn gets cuter each day. He's close to walking - I just bought him his first pair of "real" shoes on Saturday. His newest trick is to dance. I would dance with him to music - but he picked up bouncing up and down on his own. He now does it when prompted (e.g. "eamonn - dance!") and also when he hears music with a good beat.

We're so proud!

Eamonn's absolute FAVORITE activity this week is to push his truck around as a walker. One of the pictures included under "Thirteen months" was taken on Shelter Island. I am frankly a little sick of walking the sidewalks around our neighborhood - so I packed up Eamonn and the truck and we went to Shelter Island last week. It was a memorable day. The weather was the kind for which San Diego is known - not a cloud in the sky; sailboats were out; and every once in a while a military helicopter would pass by to break up the scene. My parents have pictures of me brushing my mother's hippie-long hair at the very same place when I was 4 or 5. I have to admit I get teary realizing I am now enjoying the same spot with my own kid! And it is really, really fun.

We're hoping to picnic there as a fam this weekend. Eamonn's use of "mama" and "dada" has evolved into one word - he starts with "mama" and then "dada" follows. His Pops thinks that it is really cool that he uses them interchangeably - arguing it's evidence of the balanced presence Greg and I each have in his life. It's nice to think so.

He calls our dog Bella - "bah bah" and he still tries to say tractor and trash truck. "Puh" means plane (I so wish it meant "please".....). And he still adores his books.

I know I've been remiss in keeping up the blog. The absence reflects his first real illness (NO SLEEP + crying = NO FUN) and the marked increase in his activity and mine in chasing after him.

All in all, I don't know what we did to deserve such a happy kid, but we are so so appreciative and filled with love for him in a way I didn't know was possible pre-parenthood. I suppose I look at my own parents and others in a new light. Definitely with new respect. This is hard work - but so worth it. On that sappy note, I'll sign off!