Too good to pass up...

This weekend we went out to the ranch after Thanksgiving. One night Eamonn had trouble going to sleep, so I had to return to his room and sing a few songs while I absentmindedly stroked his hair.

All at once he took out his binky and said, emphatically:

"NO Mama! Don't touch Eamonn's head - there's a MACHINE in there."

I went downstairs and asked his grandmother (DeeDee), "Mom, did you tell Eamonn there's a machine in his head?" Sure enough, they had been out hiking and my mother explained something to Eamonn - and as she watched him process it she said "I can see the wheels turning" - he looked back at her quizzically - and apparently translated that into there being a machine in his head. Of course!

"NO Mama! Don't touch Eamonn's head - there's a MACHINE in there."

Adorable.