Quotable quotes

E is at a great age. I'll post pics from Christmas as soon as I find the time to get them off my camera. In the meantime, I'm writing these down before I forget them:

Today - I pull up in front of the house to drop off the key I forgot to leave for the nanny who is patiently playing with E on the porch as she is locked out and our lawn is being mowed. (I also manage to leave the car on and get out before I realize I've left the keys in the car - at least I remembered to put it in Park):

E: "Mama - be CARE-ful so you don't get run over by Mark."

Yesterday - E is playing on the back porch with play dough while I try to pay bills on the computer in our adjacent laundry room.

E: "Mama - I need company."
Me: "Huh?"
E: "I need company because there are train sounds and bird sounds."

Earlier - looking for photos of planes on the computer (a favorite past-time):

E: "Let's look for pictures of vehicles that transport people to the hospital." (word for word, I swear)

Over the weekend:

I started to pitch baseballs to Eamonn and showed him a proper stance (to the best of my ability) and told him to keep his eye on the ball. He hit two in a row! Cracked'em. But then - he started to miss. I cheered nonetheless.

E: "NO, Mama! Don't cheer! Eamonn didn't hit the ball."
Oh dear.

And a last few nuggets as they come to mind:

"Dada will come home from work and then he will sit down at the table and eat dinner with us."

"Mama - don't go to your office - because I LOVE you."

Me: "What did you dream about today?" (post-naptime)
E: "Calerpitters! And the fast slide at the park!"

Me: "Name one thing that made you happy today."
E: "Playing with Mama. And the fast slide at the park!"

E: "Where's Dada?" Me: "He's at work - but he will be home soon - for dinner."
E: "He's bringing home the bacon, Mama." (thank DeeDee for that one)

Oh! And post-Disneyland stress surfaced the weekend after we returned as follows:

We were playing outside, G was raking the leaves and E was happy as could be pushing his bubble mower when all of of sudden he stopped and got emotional. Something was wrong. He whimpered (but not in a whiny sort of way). I asked him if he had hurt himself (what had I missed?!?) He said no - "Eamonn's sad." I asked if he needed a hugh. "No - Eamonn wants to go inside."
OK - I led him up to the porch - and it became clear he wanted to bring his mower into the house.

Me: "Eamonn - you know the mower is an outside toy - we can't bring that inside, it stays outside."
E: face turns bright red, tears well up in his eyes - and he says
"But Mama, I don't want the pirates to get it!"

Uff. We had a long talk about pirates and reality. Days later, he occasionally talks about hiding his toys from the pirates. Poor kid.

Other common outbursts:

"Eamonn's frustrated!"

"Eamonn LUUUUUUUVES spices!"

"Eamonn LUUUUUUUUVES cookies!"

"Mama/Dada take off your work/exercise clothes and put on play clothes."

In viewing the nativity scenes around town - some honored the tradition of putting Jesus in the manger on Christmas Eve night. This concerned Eamonn - "Where is baby Jesus?????"

And now: "Where is Christmas?"