Things Eamonn has said this week that I want to remember

"Mama, will you marry me?" Huh?

In the car (without me prompting/noticing what he sees): "Oh. Cool. Mama, that's cool. They're building a new building. They're buillllldinggggg a new builllldinngggg. See, Mama? See those cranes?"

"Mama/Dada, Stop talking." Not proud of that one, but we hear it a lot.

Driving by downtown on the freeway - (yelling) "HI DADA! WE'RE GOING TO CORONADO! WE'RE GOING TO CORONADO PARK!"

Coming home - "Hiiiiiiiii Shep. Hiiii Shepper-weppers" (I melt)

Looking up towards the sky - (yelling) "HI FREDDY! WE'RE PLAYING CARS, FREDDY!" (I melt)

They have been making Valentines for the parents in class and, according to his preschool teacher, Eamonn is the only kid in his class that, the first time she asked him what his Valentine should say, chimed up "I love Mama and Dada" (rather than "I love my trucks, lollipops, swimming, etc.") We're doing something right.

And I come home from a work function tonight and manage to sneak in a kiss before he had fallen asleep. "Mama, where'd you go?" Me: "I had a meeting with Miss Kitty (coworker); why - were you upset?" E: Silence for a minute; then he rolls over onto his side "It's O-K Mama; It's O-K" Then: "Want you to sing ONE MORE song" *He's into bargaining - I had not sung any - but he's so used to asking for one more anything it creeps in often.

And lately - every morning now - he gets out of bed and bursts into our room with one of two phrases:

"I have stinky pants!" or "You need a diaper change!"